Monday, October 13, 2008

My Cowboy

Brian decided that for Halloween, Hayden should be a cowboy. He already had the boots, so why not! We have been piecing the costume together piece by piece and my wonderful mom was the one who found the hat. Well, the hat is a staple in Hayden's wardrobe now. He loves this hat and will wear it anywhere and everywhere. There was no waiting for the actual day. Here are a couple of shots with Hayden and his cowboy hat.Here he is doing his "model cowboy" shots.
Hayden will tell you a cowboys says, "Yee haw" It sounds half donkey. It is pretty hilarious. Maybe I can try and get a video of that.
Having a 2 year old can bring many laughs and challenges. Yesterday while trying to head out the door for church, this is what I found. He came up to me and said, "Go, mom!" I said, "Oh you are ready to go." He told me "Uh huh." Well, it took quite the persuasion to get the hat off, hair done, and exchange the slippers for church shoes. He calls his slippers "Dragon-Tales slippers." He watches way too much T.V. these days!

7 comments:

korth fam said...

he will make a very handsome cowboy! LOVE the hat! Andrew was a cowboy last year and his hat was the hardest thing to find, way to go grandma!

steve and lisa said...

So CUTE!! I bet he is so excited to go trick or treating? I heard it snowed down there!! Ugh! Hopefully Halloween won't freeze the little cowboy!! That is not fun when it is freezing cold! Very cute hat! Grandma's are the best! Love Lisa

Jason and Heather said...

So cute!! I can't wait to see the entire costume all put together!! Since Brian came up with the cowbow idea is he being a cowboy too?

Heather and Trevor said...

Wow, I can't believe you actually got him to take off the hat and slippers for church! But he is a cutie-pie! Love him!

The Gardners said...

I love that last one...its a classic! What a cutie-pa-tootie!

Rogers Family Blog said...

That kid has personality! I love it. I would love to get some family pics done but things are so crazy around here so I was hoping maybe middle of Nov?

Chalece said...

Ok, that is just too cute! The combination is great! What a cute little cowboy!!