Friday, August 29, 2008

Baby Preparation

Here is one of my attempts to prepare Hayden for the new baby. I went a few different places in search of a "boy" doll. It doesn't exactly have the package, if you know what I mean, but all it's accessories and it's clothes were blue. That is something at least. Hayden loves his baby and tells him often, "I fuzz you much keadan." Translation: "I love you so much Teagan." We are 99% sure that Teagan is the name of our next little guy. He takes very good care of him and is constantly changing his "full diaper." Thats right, it pees. I thought that I might as well have this doll serve two purposes. It is a potty training doll too.


Hayden slept like this until he was 18 months. When I swaddled his doll for bed, he insisted on being wrapped up too. Pretty sure that we're still going to have some jealousy issues! If there are any males reading this, I asked Brian what he thought about our son having a doll and he said he thought it was a good idea and that he wanted him to be a good dad someday. I have a pretty awesome husband!

13 comments:

The Greens said...

I think it's a great idea. I love the pics! Do you remember Austin's doll? I still have it in my cedar chest. I'm waiting to show it to his girlfriends. :)

Taylor Family said...

That is so cute! You are the best mom! And when he get's too jealous, he can come play with Emma.

Dave/Sherry said...

And I heard he took good care of Presley!

Jack and Mommy said...

That is sooo cute. Way good idea to get hima doll. The little boy I used to nanny had a boy doll and he LOVED it and bathed it and rocked it, and this kid was tough when he got older, so, don't be worried about giving him one. Good job!

The Gardners said...

Aww...what a sweet lil man! I love that little Hayden! And I love you too!

Jason and Heather said...

That is so cute!! He will be a great Big Bro!! I am sure they both will have plenty of love and attention, you guys are such good parents!

Christy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Christy said...

Teagan is such a cute name for your baby! Hayden is getting so big! Sounds like everything is going great for you and your family! We need to get together and catch up on everything though! We miss you!

nicole said...

How cute! What a good mom you are. I love the name for your baby....so cute!

Rogers Family Blog said...

What a good mommy you are! What a great idea for him to get used to the new baby. He will be a great big bro- let me know how it works!

Kent & Beka said...

Both of our boys have cabbage patch dolls. They were kents when he was little. And they are both called.... Dolly Ollie. So Tyse says, "we have 3 ollies at our house, mom. 2 dolly ollies and one real baby ollie." Maybe you can have a dolly teagan.

Ken Hoglund said...

hey yeah just shoot me an e-mail that would be easiest ... khoggie@gmail.com

steve and lisa said...

What a super idea! You are a very smart mother! I am sure your hubby didn't mind at all - I bet, with all his sister's, Brian played with plenty of dolls in his youth! Hee hee
Lisa