Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Not much going on!

So there really isn't too much going on right now but it was certainly time for an update. I am still pregnant and growing daily. I have started to enter into the completely uncomfortable stage. I am anxious for my #2 little man to arrive. I can't believe it's coming so fast! I go to an appointment on Monday and then I start on the every two weeks schedule. Crazy!

Brian and I are both doing school this semester. I am actually enjoying myself and am happy to know that after this, I am done. So what if it took me 5 years to get an associates! I am just proud that I did it while getting married young and having a baby so soon. Not to mention finishing up while having a toddler and being 7 months pregnant.

Brian started a second job at Discover Card. Lets face it, the economy sucks and we weren't getting any benefits for this baby. We were wondering where in the crap we were going to come up with $5,000.00. The stress of the baby cost has been lifting seeing that we will only be paying $250.00 now. Phewww! Brian, however, is stressed with working 50+ hours a week and doing two classes. I joke that he is my part time husband but I really am grateful that he is out there supporting us. Hayden is having a hard time adjusting to having his daddy gone. Thank heaven's for Steve Gardner down the road and a couple awesome uncles to fill in some play time when needed.

We are also dogless for all those who haven't heard. It was really hard to give Kobe away but we knew it was in the best interest of him. He got so huge and needed a big yard. A nice family living on an acre of land and four little girls to play with is the ideal place where Kobe lives now. I still get sad, but I know that with the baby coming, and a busy husband and self, it was going to be to much stress.

I can't much think of anything else. I do have one recent picture of Hayden to post. I love his face. He was a little angry with me. I had left to go pick my parents up from the airport while he was napping at their house. Trenton was left in charge and when Hayden woke up and realized he hadn't had his binky the whole nap and that we had forgotten one, he was quite upset. His obsession right now is Caillou. A whiny little cartoon character. I don't mind it too much, but when your toddler is screaming at you when it's not on and claiming Caillou to be his "best friend," you got problems! This was Trenton's way of calming him down. He found Caillou on You Tube and strapped on the earphones. He was happy with that idea but I sure got the evil eye when I walked through the door.

4 comments:

steve and lisa said...

I LOVED Hayden's picture! To capture that look is priceless! I love when they get frustrated & their face tells all! So proud of you for getting your associates done! Way to go! Lisa

Amy said...

I'm so glad you're continuing your education. The importance of women having a college education is yet another one of my soapboxes :)

I hear you on the economy. Ken just got a full time job because the photography wasn't enough. But he'll continue to do it on the side.

I love that picture of Hayden! I get looks like that from the kids at work everyday, but it's certainly not as cute as when it comes from a 2 year old!

Neilson Family said...

Oh, the rewards of being a mother! Aren't they great? There was no doubt how HE felt about the whole situation. Very cute regardless!

The Gardners said...

I had so much fun last night! I didn't even realize that we completely overstayed our welcome at red robin's! They closed like 20 minutes before we left! Oops!

It has been so fun to be prego at the same time with you! I'm glad it worked out that way!

BTW, I love that pic of Hayden...it's a classic!