Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Yagoon

It's been years since I have been to lagoon and it was about time to venture out and go. It was my brother's stake lagoon day so for a small discount we headed out. It is still a rip off. Luckily I had a free pass or else I would have had to pay like $31 just to enter the park. Oh wait, it does include the incredibly lame shows, boring pioneer town, and use of pavilions. Wahoo! So anyways, my parents really wanted to take Hayden and he really did love it. Ever since my Dad even mentioned going there, Hayden keeps saying, "Yagoon!" and "Yagoon, Papa!" The little guy didn't even know what it was but even if the commercial came on in the car, he got so excited. He rode the rides either alone, or with my parents or Trenton. Brian and I decided to spend our fortune elsewhere. We did splurge on a frozen lemonade. Mmmm!
The first ride he went on. He thought it was fun to wave, but was still getting used to the whole "ride" thing.
He thought this ride was alright. He finally got the hang of the whole up and down thing after we all stood from the sidelines, looking like idiots, showing him what to do.
His face was pretty expressionless most of the time even though he enjoyed himself. He is just a serious little man. I love the waving in most the pictures. "Look Mom, no hands!"
Hayden on another kiddie ride.
He called Puff a snake. Now the rides were getting a little more exciting.
I kept telling him there were boats at Lagoon so he was pretty anxious to test the waters. He loved managing the wheel and the bell at the same time. What coordination!
Absolutely loved this ride. He insisted on an "elepant" from the get go so my sweet mom even fought a little girl just so he could have it. Oh, Mother!
Silly Monkey Faces.
This was one of his favorites. After we saw his reaction on the "big rides", we realized he thought the kiddie rides were just lame junk.
So being the great mom that I am, I was a little worried about this one. It whips you absolutely everywhere. Well, this ride was Hayden's favorite. He refused to get off this ride and we pulled him off kicking and screaming while he shouted, "again, again!"
So this picture was taken before the ride started. This ride is the new attraction at Lagoon and Hayden's least favorite. Till this day, he still talks about the "naughty shark" who got his cloths wet. He was screaming the whole time after that. We had to take him on his favorite ride before we left so that he didn't have traumatizing memories of Lagoon.
Just a Kodak moment of our little family at Lagoon. Thanks Mom and Dad for the fun day!

3 comments:

The Treasures said...

That is hilarious! The naughty shark. lol I can't believe he is big enough to go alone! Holy cow, it sure goes fast, doesn't it? And look at you little cute preggo mommy!

Taylor Family said...

It looks like you guys had fun! Jake's work is having a Lagoon day and I don't know that I dare take Emma.

korth fam said...

so many new rides i don't even recognize, it looks like Hayden would have fun at Disneyland, better bring him out, we're free this weekend ;)