Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Big Boy Bed!

Hayden is finally in his "big boy bed." Hooray! Back off about the whole binky situation once again. One thing at a time I say and it is only in use during sleeping hours now. We finished his room about a week ago but are still working on the finishing touches. It is so cute and a huge thanks to Brian's mom for the cute quilt and Keri for her help with his letters. I will be posting pictures of those soon as well. Hayden first slept in his bed on Saturday night and stayed in there until about 3:30 a.m. The next night he slept in there from about 10:00 till about 9:00 a.m the next morning. He sleeps so good in there. The best part is, he doesn't mind me leaving him in there during the day while he falls asleep to take naps. Awesome! I was a little worried about the transition, but he's done better than I have. That is my BABY! I am just anxious now to have another baby to fill the empty space (crib and nursery). I am so proud of Hayden and how well he is doing at the growing up thing. He really does do a lot of things on his own. He loves his new room and will go in there and say, "own bed, own room, own wall." Hey, whatever helps him claim his territory and make it home!

8 comments:

korth fam said...

Oh how fun!!! looks like you're ready for number two to be here! Can;t wait to see the new room pics! Hey we are gonna be there at Christmas, will we be in time to see your little man?!

steve and lisa said...

So CUTE! I know I am ALWAYS holding back when my kids try something new or grow up just a little bit! Change is good but very scary sometimes! What a trooper! Lisa

Neilson Family said...

What a cutie! He looks so cozy in his new bed. You've done a great job decorating and I'm proud that Hayden has transitioned so well! You're a great mom and I'm sure that's why he feels secure.

The Treasures said...

Look at him!!!! What a big boy. It's kind us sad for us moms to watch the kids go through these transitions because it does mean they aren't babies anymore. That's hard to take! At least you have another one coming and lot of fun big boy memories to look forward to.

The Gardners said...

Is that a BINKY in his mouth? What kind of a mom are you? HA! I'm just teasing! I think he is weening off the bink quite nicely and you are doing a great job helping him transition from a baby to a lil man...can't wait to experience this all for myself!

Kent & Beka said...

Congrats on a HUGE accomplishment! It is true that a lot of these milestones are more difficult in our heads getting up the guts to do them than they actually end up being!

Rogers Family Blog said...

Wow. We need to get Ashley going. HE is so adorable. I was so happy to see you tonight. You look great.

Jason and Heather said...

I love tucking my kids in at night! They are just so peaceful and sweet, straight from Heaven! I love how little they look when you move them to a big bed and how big the bed looks. I still haven't moved Kynlee even though we have the side of her crib down and she comes and goes as she wants! Maybe that is a sign she is past ready!! We need to get together some time and let Kynlee and Hayden play again, she is sitting with me and says "I love my Hayden!" We can't wait to meet your new little guy!