Tuesday, May 3, 2011

A Day at the Park

Teagan is my little guy with extremely high volume to his voice. At a baptism of the little girl I used to nanny on Saturday, he became quite a laughing stock of the joint. Believe me, it wasn't the first time a "supposed to be reverent" scene has turned into something much opposite for Teagan. In fact, its a weekly occurrence at church. He is generally singing "I am a child of God" or "Love is Spoken Here" at the top of his lungs or talking loud or shouting "Amen" or saying his own prayer. The list goes on an on. It's a LOT of work. We've received many of compliments to how hilarious he is. It is nice to have some entertainment thrown into the mix every now and again. Saturday's baptism was no different. While sitting on the edge of the bench he starts yelling, "whoa, my butt is falling." When we whispered to him to be quite, his responses went a little like this: "No, I am not going to be good," "Don't talk to me," "Your stupid," and probably a couple more. He also informed us the guy behind us was sleeping after wandering up and down the isle waving and saying "hi" to all who would listen. All of this at a not so quiet volume. I also find it awesome that we have earned to Title of "stupid" at a young age of two. quite an accomplishment I'd say. At the luncheon after he shouts out "that guy has BIG hair!" He was referring to a guy with quite a fro. Oh he keeps us laughing...


This brings us to Sunday. I was burned out and had already fussed once in a week time period over keeping him quiet for a significant amount of time and getting kids dressed up. It was Stake Conference and while I have never seen it as a vacation from church attendance, it certainly was this last Sunday!

We took the kids to a park nearby. We had a blast spending some much needed time with each other and had a fun time snapping shots!


His idea of swinging. He'd much rather do it this way.
My Man.

Brian is just as much of a kid as Hayden and Teagan sometimes. I could not be more thankful. He has NEVER complained about spending time with the boys and is always found on an "adventure," playing outside, at the park, reading or making up stories, playing superheroes, building blocks, shooting hoops, watching a good movie, building forts, drawing cool pictures, etc. I could go on all day. He enjoys every minute spent with his little dudes. Don't know if my boys could have gotten any luckier!





We thought these next two pictures were pretty funny...


Guess who???
All you have to do is look at the finger...





Steve and Brian's bottom.

The beauties on the sidelines.
I did get off my butt and play with the kids later.

He appears to be sulking about something. He is actually playing hide and seek. Just caught him at a funny moment.
King of the World!
Precious
This next series is like a fun flip book. Remember making those?








What a little stud.


I love that my kids hair is so white!


What a good day.

2 comments:

Blair Edgington said...

I'm so glad your back in the blogosphere! I love your pictures, they are amazing! I hope you are all doing well. I'd love to see you guys! I only have one more final then I'll be home for summer so we must hangout!!!

Christy said...

Cute kids! Love the pictures Robyn!