Friday, May 13, 2011

A Little "Sack" of "Religion"

Teagan. Yes, this post is about Teagan. Again.

He is trying to grasp the concept of what the "Holy Ghost" is. Not quite sure why other than we attended two different baptisms two Saturdays in a row. At the first baptism, when he heard it was time for the confirmation, he jumped onto Brian's lap so fast and dug his little fingernails into Brian's neck. Then he says, "The Holy Ghost is coming!"

The next week at the second baptism, he kept saying, "The Holy Ghost doesn't have a body huh?" He still was afraid and insisted on being on our laps. Thank heavens for a little fear to keep him in one place and keep quiet.

During his prayers he has said, "Grateful that Christon got the Holy Ghost." He's beyond his years when it comes to prayers.

Couple days later, he drapes a blanket over his head and shouts, "I am the Holy Ghost." We laughed, of course.

Another couple days later he whispers into my face, "Mom, I am the Holy Ghost....Rarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
I cracked up. I said, "The Holy Ghost isn't scary." He replied back with a simple, "Yes he is!"

And last but not least...

While sharing a bag of pretzels with Hayden, he was not pleased by the amount of which Hayden was disbursing them to him. I am sure some thought was put into this one. He says, "I am Jesus Christ, I need to carry it." Well, that is just my boy. Always trying to put himself above others. The Alpha Male and Police Officer. And now, quite a religious leader.

I just love him. So much for trying to teach them correct principles at a young age :)

0 comments: