Thursday, April 16, 2009

Easter

Easter this year was funner as is all Holidays with a toddler who actually understands and appreciates the things you do for them. I woke up on Saturday morning wondering if I should attempt the traditional morning egg hunt. First off, I wish it was an actual egg hunt instead of a candy explosion on a field of wet grass. I wasn't going to go because the weather wasn't that great, Brian was of course working, and it was early. I started feeling guilty because I remember the hunts as a kid. It was a tradition. So much that I even prayed as a kid one rainy morning that the rain would stop just long enough for the egg hunt to be held. Low and behold, my prayers were answered and I was one happy kiddo. I thought that just because Brian couldn't come, I should still make things fun for my kids and carry on some traditions. I woke a sleeping Hayden, got the 3 of us ready, and Brian called and told me he had got off early. I was so excited. Because we weren't running as early as I had thought, I dropped of Hayden and Brian so I could go park. Just as I was about to the field, the fire engine siren went off. I missed the action. Of course! Oh well, I guess. After the hunt, we met the Gardners at Village Inn for some delicious breakfast. Fun Day.

On Sunday we woke up, did the whole basket, egg finding, ate breakfast, and rushed to get ready for church. I decided not to rush and get ready for 9:00 church. Instead, we took our time and then went to my parents ward for Sacrament meeting. I just had to show off my boys in their matching seersucker jackets. Later on my mom did her Easter for Hayden and the rest of us. It was a good day.

Oh yes, I am very grateful for the true meaning of Easter as well.
It would have been ideal if Hayden had actually been in the right age group. Leave it to a man to just go to the first group he sees and not even bother noticing all the kids are HUGE! I don't know why exactly he decided to take a picture of him standing by the sign!
Once he got the hang of it, he kind of liked the idea.
Free Candy!
Anyone who knows Hayden knows this face. It is the whiny, "HELP ME" face. Cute though.
Smile!
Sunday morning. Here is his loot.Teagan in on the action. Mostly just watching Hayden. He did get a basket but he didn't feel like finding any eggs.
Hayden searching high and low.I think he found a total of 43 eggs. Not bad!During breakfast I looked over to find Teagan's loot on top of him in the swing. Thank you Hayden! He thought it was tasty.Family photo time. Ahh, matchy matchy.This is Hayden with his Spider from Grandma. He has a really weird love/hate relationship with spiders and bugs lately. He talks constantly about them, asks if you like them, tells you they're nice, etc. As soon as he actually sees one, he clings onto you for dear life, screams like a girl, and refuses to let you put him down. My two brothers in the mission field have both sent home pictures that have interested Hayden. Jon had a dead tarantula on his shoulder (totally out of his element) and when we told Jeremy how much he loved this picture, he sent of picture of a crab on his head (totally in his element). Hayden is imitating both of them.We dyed Easter eggs at my moms house the week before and Hayden got to find them on Easter. He loves all the attention he gets at my parents house.

3 comments:

Brett And Tiffani said...

That sounds like a lot of fun...and work. Even though it's a fun holiday, it's time consuming. I didn't even have a chance to put Joshua's basket together this year. You guys look so cute.

Macee said...

Adorable pictures. Sounds like you guys had a lot of fun! The pictures of Hayden totally reminded me of the boys pictures too! Being afraid of spiders well let's just say he is like his Uncle Trenton, screaming like a girl and all!

Rogers Family Blog said...

Great pics! Times goes by too fast. What a cute fam you have. I love those Easter egg hunts as well! Hope you guys are doing well.