Wednesday, May 14, 2008

I think it's time!

So I have been waiting to tell the world about my news for good reason. I am pregnant for the third time since Hayden and I think this one's a keeper. I guess what they say is true, third time's a charm! For those who don't know my history, I miscarried when I was about 7 weeks along the first time and then the second time I had what is called a blighted ovum. I was carrying a sac with no baby, but my body didn't register that there was no baby. I was very sick which made me think things were okay until an ultrasound at about 8 weeks confirmed that nothing was there. I then had to abort the sac at 9 weeks. That was something I hope to never do again. Especially since I experienced labor and a side effect of the pill was "death to mother." I have had a couple disappointments and am just so relieved that all is going well so far. I am almost 12 weeks along so it's pretty safe to spread the news. I have had about 3 ultrasounds by now and have seen the heartbeat all three times so I am extremely happy about that. I have still been extremely nervous about every little thing which makes me think I can't do the pregnancy thing too many more times. I have gone through several mixed emotions over the past few months and feel extremely blessed to be able to carry another baby. I have been less sick than I was with Hayden which makes us think that maybe we are having a girl! It is just hard to say one or the other because of course I want one of each so I don't have to worry if I'll ever get my girl, but we already have so much boy stuff. This pregnancy I have been put on progesterone which is not a cheap pill. Luckily, I will only be on that through week 12 and then I will have to take a baby aspirin throughout the whole pregnancy. I just hope and pray that all goes okay. I have had to learn a lot through this experience and it was hard to not just give up and throw in the towel!

5 comments:

The Greens said...

Congratulations! I am so happy for you! I have a feeling it will all work out. We will keep you in our prayers! Love ya!

Taylor Family said...

OH MY GOSH!!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!! How exciting! Man, everyone is getting pregnant right now! (NOT me though) I'm so happy for you!!!

korth fam said...

Robyn that is SO WONDERFUL!!! Congratulations, I'm extremely happy for you! We will FOR SURE keep you in our prayers. hooray for babies!

Unknown said...

What exciting news! We hope all continues to go well - glad to hear you are feeling pretty good. :)

Amy said...

Congrats!