Thursday, May 6, 2010

Lot's going on...

Lot's going on here at our household but let's just keep it simple and entertaining by rambling about my day a couple days ago. It contains liquid. Lots and lots of liquid...

I watched Gavin in the morning while Kacey worked out and enjoyed a shower without a little one screaming and demanding her attention. Gavin is so well behaved over here and having one more boy around, is not much different than having 2. This particular morning wasn't any different yet all the sippy cups in the house seemed to despise me. I spent most of the morning cleaning up milk spill after milk spill. No, I didn't cry over the spilled milk. I tried several different cups and not one was spill-proof today. I mean, to be honest, most aren't after awhile anyways. But they had all been fine till that morning. So, lots of milk drippings and puddles.

Later, Hayden asked for blue punch. Yes, the punch I was worried would spill at the shower (later post) on Saturday. We came away that day without much damage. Not Tuesday...we weren't that lucky. Brian willingly got Hayden a nice big cup of blue punch. Cup being the key word. Notice I didn't put "sippy" in front of it. He usually does fine but I don't even risk it with some beverages. Well, I go to turn off the tv and get Hayden ready for a nap and notice something on the floor. Being as blind as I am, I ask Hayden what this substance may be. He says so nonchalantly, "Oh, it's just blue punch." It was EvErYwHeRe on the carpet! I was steaming mad. He sat on the cold basement stairs until I was done scrubbing that crap up. I was mad at the fact Brian had given him a full "cup" and because Hayden had failed to mention the fine details that it had spilled because he was too intrigued with his show!

Finally, I catch a small break for an hour and a half until he comes parading down the stairs with no pants on. I already knew what this meant...I was livid. I had made him go to the bathroom right before he went down for his nap and this rarely ever happens. But, of course it would that day!

I then proceeded to launder everything down to his mattress pad! Oh my! As I said before, lots and lots of liquid!

Later that night, things had calmed down quite a bit and the only liquid spills we had were drops of water from their long "time killer, mood calmer" bath they took. There were also tears from Hayden's eyes after Teagan had a scratch fest on Hayden's face. Luckily it was minor. Oh, there was a few drops of blood as well. Poor big Brother!

I did however, capture some funny moments with the kiddos while relaxing and hanging out in Hayden's room.

I came into Hayden's room to find Hayden, Puss in boots, Pirate, and the Joker looking out the window watching cars go by. Just enjoying some fresh air I guess!
I found Teagan with his quitar on his shoulder while he sang the song "down" by Jay Sean. Notice the sheet..still waiting for the quilt to dry :)
Another shot of Hayden and his "guys" checking things out. The window was open to vent out the room :)

3 comments:

Heather and Trevor said...

Oh my goodness!!! What an adventure...I guess I have a lot to look forward to! :)

The Haws Family said...

Kids are so fun!!

steve and lisa said...

HA! If you will notice after my first two girls (two years apart) the next child came a distance 4 1/2 years later!! It was exhausting finishing up college, working, & being a mom!!! Hang in there! Now - the teenagers have attacked my home!! You are a super mom! To this day I still take a long hot bath EVERY night, lock the door & ignore everyone (that includes my hubby!) for a solid 30 min.! Take care of YOURSELF!!!! Have a wonderful mother's day!! Love you guys!