Sunday, May 9, 2010

Happy Mother's Day!

Happy Mother's Day to all the wonderful Mothers out there! I love being a mommy! I have been a mommy for almost 4 years now and it has been the best 4 years yet! I have wanted to be a mom ever since the time I could talk. No lie! I couldn't wait for the day to come that I could get married and have babies! We didn't wait long after Brian and I had been married to get the ball rolling, or the baby growing! I wouldn't change ANYTHING! Hayden brought me so much joy and I felt like I was fulfilling the role I was always meant to do. It hasn't been any different with Teagan. They give me purpose, confidence, and self accomplishment.

Each day seems to be a new challenge but it makes me a stronger and better person. Our life has been quite the ride lately but, one thing is for sure, and that is the fact that I have 2 perfect, handsome, smart, and healthy boys. I can't express my gratitude for the opportunity I have to be a Mom. It is the most respected of all "jobs" out there, in my book.


I want to tell my Mom how much I love her. I am grateful to have her here, healthy, and living close by. She has no idea how much she does for me and how much I appreciate her company, love, advice, and support. That goes for Brian and the boys too. She has been a real trooper putting up with me being around a lot. She is always willing to watch my boys or just help me out with them. She gives unconditional love and has done things for her grandsons that not a lot of Grandma's do. I can't even count the number of things she has taught my boys. Thank you for hundreds of Sunday dinners. Happy Mother's Day and we love you!


Brian's mom is an amazing woman too! She was a brave soul to give birth to 10 kids! Lucky for me, she did, cause Brian is #10! He is the baby. Liana has made us a few beautiful quilts and is quite the seamstress. The boys enjoy going to her house to play with her blocks, books, and visiting with their Grandma Lund. She has helped us in ways that are greatly admired and appreciated. Happy Mother's Day to you! We love you!


So, I may have woken up at 7:00 after 6 hours of broken sleep, eaten a 90 calorie pack of granola bites as I ran out the door to drop Brian off at work, eaten a hot dog and fritos for lunch at 10:30, and will have to get boys ready for church and go to church by my lonesome, but I have decided to not let it get me down. I AM A MOM! Can't complain about that!

4 comments:

Neilson Family said...

What a beautiful tribute for Mother's day, Robyn. Thank you so much. I too, feel very fortunate to have such a beautiful daughter. And you are such a wonderful mother to those two darling boys. I appreciate all you do for me, AND our family. I know things haven't been easy for you lately. Life will always have it's ups and downs. We just have to keep perspective, and try to endure it well. Happy Mother's day to you too! Love you tons!

Tammy said...

And a great mom you are!!!

The Lunds said...

Thank you Tammy and Mom!

Somers said...

You are one of the moms that I admire, Robyn, you really are. Thanks for your example.