Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Baby Celebration!

Some friends and I have started doing a little tradition of going to dinner, having dessert, and giving gifts in celebration of a second baby. It's basically a "shower" but us Utahn's aren't so big on the whole second child shower thing. This has been fun and really is a great excuse just to get together. Last night was my big night. I was so excited all day and it was such a blast! I have some really fun, cute, and generous friends. We all met at Training Table for some delicious dinner (aka: cheese fries) and then went to Kacey's and had some scrumptious trifle dessert that Keri made. I received some awesome gifts as well. I am so lucky! We stayed out WAY late. I know Steve tried to kick us out a couple times but hey, most of us had no children and were enjoying the company. Thank you ladies.
At double T. I believe all our eyes were bigger than our stomachs. We ordered a TON of cheese fries and they didn't all get eaten. Of course, look at my plate, sandwich gone and MOST of the fries gone too! I better get this child out of me before my appetite grows any heftier.MaryAnn and Rosemary. Don't worry Rosie, your boyfriend will be arriving in 5 short days, hopefully!
Chillin at the Gardner residence. Always a good party place. Just take note that most get togethers have been here lately. I am so appreciative. There is only 4 houses in between our houses and lately, stays a little cleaner. Thank you Kacey for being at least 5 weeks behind me!
I know MaryAnn will not love that this is the picture I chose because she wasn't ready, but I have to get Landon in there. He is way too cute!All the gals except the one's who couldn't make it (obviously). Also, Kim had to leave after dinner. We missed you for dessert! Four of us are prego, can ya tell! Yeah, there is usually a lot of estrogen and hormomes in the room at these little things.


7 comments:

Heather and Trevor said...

What a fun night!!! Girl time is always a necessity! Glad to see you enjoying your last week being pregnant...I hope you ate some cheese fries for me! Gotta love 'em!

Neilson Family said...

Nothing like great friends and a wonderful support group! Thank you Robyn's friends, for being so nice to her!!

steve and lisa said...

Looks like you all had a blast! Cannot believe you will be adding to your family SOON!! Very exciting! Good luck! Cannot wait to see your new addition. Love the Jones Fam.

Taylor Family said...

I was sad I missed dessert too! I hate family drama! I'm glad that you had a fun night. Keep us updated on how you are feeling.

Heather Keenan said...

Fun! I'm so jealous that you're so close to having your baby, I bet you can't wait! PLEASE let me know if you guys need anything like meals or we would love to have Hayden over to play! Good luck with everything!

The Gardners said...

Robyn, I am so glad that you had fun that night! It is always so fun to have everyone over and I'm so glad to have you for my friend! I love you and I hope that babe comes soon!!

Lindsay Quinney said...

I saw on your facebook that you have a blog so i checked it out. Your son is so cute and that is way exciting that you are so close to having another one. Congratulations and i hope everything goes well with it!!