Saturday, July 5, 2008

Lake Powell

Here are the pictures from Lake Powell this year. We had a blast despite having a broken generator, being pregnant, having some of "our meal" food go moldy, listening to our carbon monoxide alarm go off every half hour, and having a toddler who didn't want to even be near the water. It's always fun to go spend a week in Powell with Brian's family. We don't get together too often so it's nice to be re-acquainted with all of them. Hayden was such a good boy with his Rachel and Ellie around. He is not only more entertained, but he ate so good on the trip. Thank you Lund Family! The kiddos found this cupboard in our room and loved hiding and popping out of it.
Here they are popping out of it.
Hayden loved the seadoos but he thought they were called "bikes". He loved when his Daddy took him out for "bike rides".
Hayden and Daddy riding the waves.
Here's our little swimsuit family. Luckily I wasn't too huge so I still felt okay sporting the prego belly in a swimsuit.
One source of entertainment for Hayden was the hose at the front of the boat. He just sprayed himself, others, and other things around to keep himself cool and busy.
Although I was told to lay off all activities, Brian was still able to participate in everything. I enjoy watching him wakeboard and landlock.
Hayden also liked "jumping" on the water trampoline. He even tried the slide and thought that was a pretty good time.
Hayden Jumping away. Brian is laying down on there somewhere.
Ellie, Hayden, and Rachel playing in the sand.
Another picture of the boys and their ride.
Although Hayden looks extremely uncomfortable, he actually loved wearing his life jacket.
My Guys!
Bri in all his glory after he built his sand castle or pit of some sort.
I was able to go on boat rides so here I am enjoying my time away from the houseboat.
Brian did a little cliff diving. I recall doing that many years ago and not quite knowing that keeping your legs together is the proper way to do it. Needless to say, I remember being in pain for the rest of the day. Luckily Brian knew what he was doing!
Playing in the sand.

Oops, the water touched his toes. He was not a fan of the water until the 6th day of being there and then we couldn't get him to stop jumping in. Those pictures will come at a later date hopefully. They aren't on my camera but they are quite hilarious. He even started doing "back flips" which really consisted of him standing backwards and having me push him off the back of the houseboat.
Just hanging on the beach.
More waverunner rides. You can see the older kids taking a wienie ride in the background. Hayden called that, a plane.

4 comments:

Rogers Family Blog said...

Fun! I am jealous. i have never been to Lake Powell! I loved seeing you guys the other day. Good job, Brian on your run. We want to go to dinner soon.

Jessica and Sean said...

Horray for Lake Powell! We are going in less than 2 weeks. I am so excited! Looks like you guys had a great time. Love the hair cuts on the boys!

Kent & Beka said...

What a fun trip! I love going there- not that I ever get to, and Kent's never been, but in my dreams I go there...

The Treasures said...

That looks like so much fun!!! I haven't been to Powell in too long. I'm jealous! I'm glad you were able to enjoy yourself in that heat. If I were preggo there I would've died. lol