Sunday, July 27, 2008

Good Ol' Family Reunion

Over the 24h of July, the Lund family always has a reunion. We go to Brian's uncle's property up in Morgan. It is a beautiful place with a river running through the back, a playground for the kids, lots of grass, etc. It's a perfect place for camping. This is my fourth year going up there and Brian has been going for as long as he can remember. Despite the fact that everyone was eaten alive by mosquitoes, we all had a pretty good time.
Here are my cute nieces Addie, Blair (holding Hayden), Shelby, Rachel, nephew Cooper, and a distant relative in the background. I honestly don't know what I would do on these trips without them. They are a huge help with Hayden and he absolutely loves his cousins. He would go through and name them all if we were all just chillin.
So once again, not a fan of the cold water. Although you can't see it, his toes are touching the water and he hated it!
Trying to calm down after a quick foot dip.
I wish I could have taken Kinley home with me to be Hayden's twin sister. She is such a doll. Hayden and Kinley are about 2 months apart in age and both very blond with bright blue eyes. They have a good time together at the reunion. Kinley is Brian's cousin Heather's youngest girl.
Kinley was such a good helper when it came picture time. She poked Hayden and said, "Mom, picture," as she pointed in my direction. Well, it worked, they are both looking!
The tubes they use to float down the river are always a huge hit in or out of the water. This kept Hayden entertained for hours sometimes.
After "treasure hunting" the kiddos all awaited their prize.
Hayden with his loot from the treasure hunt. Mmmmm, yummy!

7 comments:

Jack and Mommy said...

That is such an awesome tradition. My family has all kinds of traditions like that. Hope you are feeling well!!

steve and lisa said...

AHHHH!
There is nothing like the Lund Reunion! We missed being there! And seeing & chatting with everyone! And playing games! And riding the river!
Cute, cute pictures! I cannot wait to see cute Kinley this week! Thanks for the adorable pictures - it is so nice to see you guys there, just hanging like normal!! Sorry about the bugs!
It is hard to live so far from family - but you guys helped me feel a little closer! Loved the adorable pictures! Love Lisa

The Greens said...

Looks like you had a lot of fun. Our family should try a camping family reunion???? :) It seems like the family get togethers are getting few and far between.

Ken Hoglund said...

Looks like some good fun :) I must tell you that I know have a haircut like Brian and I am loving it :)

The Gardners said...

I'm sad we missed out on the Morgan action! It looks like a blast and I think we should all go up there and camp for ONE night before summer is over so Steve can get his camping fix for a few years! I really miss you and I can't wait to see you soon!

Rogers Family Blog said...

How fun! Nothing like great family traditions. Hayden is so big I can't believe it!

the murdocks said...

Hey Robyn! I use a canon rebel xti and a 50mm 1.8 lens. I love the lens. But I also edit and sharpen my pics in photoshop. Or else they wouldn't look as clear. I love family reunions! We haven't been to the pool in so long...