Saturday, February 18, 2012

A Happy Valentines Day

Our Valentines was pretty low key. Brian had just come home from another business trip to California.

He is working with his sister placing breathalyzer machines. It has been a good business opportunity for him and we get to see him lots, even with traveling. Brian also started his own cleaning company with his friend Steve. It has really taken off and we are excited to see where this new venture takes us. If you ever need house cleaning or know someone who does, check out "Team Clean." So, if you were wondering what our latest employment looked like, that is the rundown.

So back to the day, it was one of those "special" ones as a mom. Yes, I am being pretty sarcastic. I had this grand idea of what I wanted to do for Brian's gift. Thanks to pinterest and it's "ever so easy" looking ideas, I went to work all weekend long. Not that I didn't miss my hubby terribly, but I kept so busy I could hardly see straight by Tuesday. So on this "so done by now" Tuesday I wake up early to get ready and take my Hayden to school. We are running late...I hate being late but it happens. Get him dropped off, Teagan is super grouchy. I need to run to the store and find frames for Brian's gift and one for my parents. They needed a "thank you" for helping so significantly over the weekend. I run to Ross. They aren't open yet. I kill time at Hobby Lobby. Teagan insists on being carried. I hadn't eaten, I was SORE beyond belief. Trip was short to say the least. Run to Ross to see they are having a "spread everything 12 inches apart to make us look like we have something." kind of day. So much for a new store every Tuesday eh? I decide to grab some breakfast and head to Jordan Landings Ross and TJ. Upon my arrival at the "first window" at McDonalds drive thru, my card gets denied due to some miscommunication with Brian, who is gone and usually over the finances. I use some other form of payment and am off. I run home to check accounts. As I am checking things out (on the old iphone, in the car) Teagan dumps a cup of water down himself. Now I must change everything down to his undies. I refuse to waste time and get out of the car so I run into the house to grab a change of everything. When we are smooth sailing again I run to the bank. They were less than helpful. Luckily I had some spare cash. At this time, I had to stay closer to Hayden's school. I decide on TJ Maxx in Draper. Of course the only items I had to look at had the humongous rolling racks of all the stuff they were returning back to the shelves. Good thing they had wheels right? No, I couldn't budge them at all!!! So, I maneuver my way around the things for 30 minutes or so trying to figure out what I need, or what COULD work. Teagan has a single key (spare to one of our cars) that he insists on pulling out of my purse to play with. I tell him to keep track of it. I watch him in between my maze maneuvering to the frames. Frazzled as I am, I keep hearing a, "whoa, whoa, I feel like I am going to drop it!" Of course when I run to the rescue, it is all a facade. Stinker. Well, time is running low, Teagan wants to browse toys. I start pushing him and he says, "Mom, the key!" I turn to where he is pointing and the key is barely visible under a metal rack. I use my pointer finger to try and slide it out. I push it further. Why wouldn't I have? I ask for an employees assistance. To cut the story short, we end up with about 4 or 5 employees tearing apart the rack only to find NO KEY! I was livid with Teagan. Of course he asks for the next couple hours, every few minutes, if I am "still mad." Of course I was. We got to Hayden's school just in time. After that, my fate had been determined. I had the "knock everything over" kind of morning and afternoon after that. Literally, some of you will know what I mean. That is where my kind words came into play. Proud mommy moments for sure.

As I try to put together the gifts and strive to have a clean house for Brian to come home to, the boys of course dump everything imaginable out. I wanted to burst into tears at this point. Teagan was having a rough go and finally goes down for a nap. I finish what I need to and then Brian finally came home. Way later than what he said. I was not the "Martha Stuart, Betty Crocker," kind of wife he was probably expecting to come home to. No worries, I had pre-warned him :)

Later that night I had to run and grab a couple ingredients just to throw together a meal. I invited my parents to eat with us since they would be dropping by the boys Valentines gifts anyways. Dinner was good. Something turned out "love"ly. So did the gifts. Here is what I did. In frames of course...
For my parents I did a different variation with just my kids. I mean, as BEAUTIFUL as my pregnant self is, I think their longing for pictures of just me stopped when I married. Or had kids.

I also made Brian a "Top 22: Why I Love You" booklet. Fun, cheap, and meaningful. He loved it.

Brian's gifts to me were a cute vase from crate and barrel and a life insurance policy :) He thought he was pretty clever with that last one.

I hope everyone else had a wonderful day of love!

1 comments:

Neilson Family said...

I LOVED my framed picture of all of you and.....I never get tired of them! You left out my favorite part of the story when you walked up to the first worker in TJMAXX and she said "I am deaf" and you said "Of course you are!" Thanks again for dinner and the pictures! Love you!