Friday, February 17, 2012

Christmas 2011



Nope, couldn't think of a more creative title. You will also have to excuse some of the pictures. For the sake of catching up, no editing. I don't know why I feel a need to throw out a disclaimer. Probably the wannabe photographer in me :)

I was actually excited for Christmas this year which was a huge surprise given the circumstances. I even put the tree up before Thanksgiving. It remained un-decorated for quite some time but it was up! We enjoyed many festive activities. The first being Hayden's Christmas program at school. He was less than thrilled due to costume choices. Luckily he had his little bro offering words of encouragement on the way to the program. He said things like, "It's okay Hayden, you just got to wear the costume, and sing." It was so sweet to have the younger one encouraging the older one.


This is what little brother thought of the whole thing. If he couldn't be up on stage performing and being center of attention, he wasn't going to watch at all. He glued himself to the wall facing the opposite direction.

Hayden had two speaking parts in his program. We were proud parents. Even if they were one- liners.
Hayden's Teacher is right above him. She has been a very good teacher and he is REALLY attached to his class.

The 23rd of December was Eden's Birthday. It was also the day my cousin buried her angel baby boy Jarom. Such a tender day for my family. We really wanted to do a balloon release or something in honor of our angel girl. The day was busy but we thought about her all day. I plan to start a tradition to do something in remembrance of her. It was so sweet to have people text, call, and just remember. Someone with a loss will know how much that truly means.

At the annual Lund Christmas party, as always, the kids couldn't wait for Santa's visit.





After their gifts from Santa, they do gift exchanges with their cousins. My boys are very easy to please...for now, and I love that. Teagan thought his remote control car was the coolest thing ever. Kept saying, "Oh my gosh, I love this!"Hayden still loves ANYTHING superhero.

On Christmas Eve we met Brian's family at Simply Sushi where I gracefully bowed out of the meal :). Afterwards, we went to my Grandparents to meet up with my family. I didn't take the pictures at either of those events. Later on, we decided to stay at our own house for Christmas. My parents had a new puppy and Brian didn't want to hassle with the gifts. It's always a little different staying at home.

We let the boys open up their special jammies...


This year Brian and I didn't get to do much "opening" of gifts without LOTS of help.They loved Mom and Dad's jammies :)
Our attempt at a family photo...
Ahhh, the binky. That itself is it's own post.
Christmas day was it's busy self...
Checking out stockings.

Luckily my parents and brothers came to us to watch the boys, and ourselves, have Christmas morning.








After our little Christmas, we went to Brian's sister Mel's house for a SCRUMPTIOUS breakfast.

After that, to my parents house we go...
The boys had such a good day. Christmas is so much fun with kids!

0 comments: