Sunday, July 31, 2011

Lots of Attitude and a little Yellowstone Trip

we just got back from my families vacation to Yellowstone. I will be uploading all ht epictures later but there are just a few things about Teagan I must jot down.

First of all, he is POTTY TRAINED! All this stressing about how and when and it's done! We went to my sister-in-law's cabin last weekend and between nature and a swimsuit the boy trained himself. It's amazing what that boy will do to take a pee somewhere other than the normal toilet. He also knew swimsuit time would come to an end earlier if there was an accident in it. So...he is trained! I had worked with him before in the past here and there and had introduce it around age 2. With both my boys, when they turned 2, I just let them sit on their little toilet and let them get used to the idea and concept. I knew Teagan was READY quite some time ago but I am not about the early training. In my opinion, most the time the parents are just well trained. I had also heard with boys, age 3 is the best. I am grateful for the $15 I will be loading my wallet with when I return the unopened box of diapers to the store. He also stays dry at night. YAY!

He has learned to use this whole potty trained thing to his advantage. While traveling if he ever felt the urge to get out of the car, he would fake the urge to use the restroom which most of the time resulted in nothing. Oh the joys.

While on the trip he was a sassy little firecracker. Made me laugh even with all the attitude.

When he dropped a chip he quickly took it to my Dad to ask if it was yucky now. My Dad said, "yes it's yucky, don't eat it." Teagan than replied with a "no it's not," as he shoved it into his mouth. Why ask? He loves the reaction. He knew he was going to eat that chip regardless. That is my Teagan.

At dinner one night he was not happy with Jeremy telling him no to something. He shouted at him, "you are a fat face and I hate grown-ups." Yes, that is word for word. Where did he get either of those terms, I don't really know.

His other favorite name to call people is, "fart pants." Why do boys come with crude humor?

He used the term later when he said, "I am going to go with the grown-ups. He really does think he is a big boy. He knows you are an adult at "18" and he has informed us he will be going ski-diving by HIMSELF when he is 18. Thank his uncles and their latest adventure for that one.

Every time he saw a sign in the park he would abruptly tell us what it said. Now, he is smart, but no he can't read quite yet. He just knows what we've been telling him. If it involved water, he would tell us "Don't touch the water, it is hot!" Or something along those lines. If it was an animal, he would tell us how dangerous it was.

While visiting the upper falls he said, "I'm going to go get my swimming suit on and go down the waterfall all by myself." He loves a good thrill.

When I told him to not run away from me at the falls, he said, "Okay. When I run away, you come and catch me."

When told to get strapped before we left for home, he said, "nope, I am going to get into the street." And...then he hopped out of the car and into the parking lot. Well, he is honest at least.

There were so many more.

0 comments: