Sunday, July 18, 2010

Memorial Day Weekend 2010

Ever since I can remember we have gone to the good old state of Idaho for Memorial Day Weekend. We have relatives up there. They are 6 feet under. Sounds exciting huh? Well, somehow the trip is a fun tradition shared with my Mom's side of the family. We haven't been for a few years and everyone was just itching to get back up to Pocatello. My mom planned a little over-nighter up there. We left of Sunday morning. Brian was just going to drive up for the day but ended up staying with us and leaving at 5 in the morning to get to work on time. Jobs...just can't get enough of them!

Here are some pictures of the infamous trip...

My sweet little guy hanging at the cemetery.
You don't have the opportunity everyday to have headstones as your backdrop.
I can't tell you how big of Papa's Boys Hayden and Teagan have become.
Handsome Fellows
Little Joseph Smith reenactment.
Hayden and Trenton playing. I believe Trenton was thrown down by some web shooting by Haydenman. I feel VERY lucky to have 4 brothers who will play endlessly with my boys. Uncles are the best playmates EVER!
This Poor Old lady couldn't figure out her GPS. First of all, your in a cemetaey, secondly, a GPS won't tell you where your deceased companion is buried. Haha, just joking, but Jeremy is seriously such a champ to help anyone who needs it.
Pretty sad that a lot of the excitement of visiting graves comes from these creatures. Pretty fun to watch!Looking right at us. Couldn't have been the millions of sticks thrown at it to get it's attention.
More play time with his uncles!
The other climax of the trip...swimming. When we were little we couldn't even wait to unpack before hitting up the pool. Why oh why??? Guess it's the fresh scent of chlorine, the delicious cookie you grab from the lobby on the way down, the awakening of the cold water, or perhaps the unveiling of who is sitting in the hot tub. Not quite sure what it is.
Look at that form! Typically I don't flaunt my swimsuit edition of pictures. I don't have that luscious sheen on my hair and rockin' body as I come up from the water like the commercials. So why post this? To give everyone a little chuckle!
While, to everyone who may read this may think this all sounds ridiculous, it actually is fun. Guess it brings out the kids in us. Lame, I know! Oh well, see ya later Idaho. At least for another year :)

0 comments: